John 14 (along with all parts of Scripture) is alive and active for us today. As we look at John 14, I just want to list some of the powerful statements Jesus makes right before He is arrested.
- Let not your hearts be troubled.
- And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and take you to myself.
- That where I am you may be also.
- I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
- Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me.
- If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.
- I will ask the Father and He will give you another Helper, to be with you forever.
- You know Him [the Spirit of Truth], for He dwells with you and will be in you.
- I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.
- Because I live, you also will live.
- In that day, you will know that I am in my Father, and you in Me, and I in you.
- Whoever has My commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves Me.
- If anyone loves Me, he will keep My Word, and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make our home with him.
- Whoever does not love Me, does not keep My words.
- The Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.
- Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you.
- Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
- For the ruler of the world is coming. He has no claim on Me, but I do as the Father commanded Me, so that the world may know that I love the Father.
Can you feel and hear the power of the words Jesus speaks as He departs from His disciples. Over the next few chapters in John, we will see this is the last time the incarnate Christ will speak to them as a group. The statements above are POWER.
May the Words of Christ resonate in our hearts and minds during this Christmas season and every other season!